Saturday, January 29, 2011

Why Emma Smith stayed behind, according to Bob Smith

http://www.ldsmag.com/index.php?option=com_zine&view=article&id=7384&ac=1
Meridian Magazine, Jan. 25, 2011


This is a fascinating letter written by Bob Smith, a direct descendant of Joseph and Emma Smith, and how he joined our church.



"Dear President Albright,
I was the 108th direct descendant of the Prophet Joseph Smith to be baptized into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (the Mormons).   I was the 2nd direct descendant of Joseph to be endowed in the new Nauvoo Temple.  I think it is time to share my story with a larger audience.  
I was raised in the Reorganized LDS church, now known as the Community of Christ.  All of my life I had been taught to distrust and fear the Mormon church which is headquartered in Utah. ....." 

One of the biggest gripes the descendants have with the LDS church is that they are offended that Brigham Young left Emma behind to fend for herself.  Bob Smith received a very interesting answer to this.  Read the article!

No comments:

Post a Comment