Friday, January 28, 2011

Starting my new goal of Family History

Wayne and I took the 10 minute tutorial on new Family Search on Wednesday night, and then on Thursday I took the second tutorial, and learned how to combine records.  I discovered my grandma Vinnie Gardner had the wrong parents!

We had an appointment with Andy F. from our ward on Thursday night to come over and help us with new Family Search.  He also couldn't quite figure out how to fix my Grandma's parents.

This is one of my big goals for the year (do Family History and take some names to the temple).  I was the most anxious to do work for my great-great-grandmother Josie Box (who got captured by the Indians) and her family, but when I looked her up, most of her family and her ancestors have already had their temple work done.

So my 2nd goal is to do the work for those Shupes and Shoops that I found on my miraculous Wytheville, VA trip.  That will be the next group of people I look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment