Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I fixed Thomas' quilt



Here is the baby quilt I made for Thomas almost 3 years ago.  For some reason, this quilt really appeals to me.  I like the fact that I used about a hundred different colors in the blocks and sashing, and I enjoyed making the crooked stars in the corners.  

The Noah's Ark blocks were started as my Birthday Blocks in the "Beetweens" quilt bee (I was a member there from 1993 to about 2003.)  I have enough of these blocks left to make another baby quilt.  I had enough to make a twinsize quilt for Zac, but he grew up before I ever made it.






During the course of time, the quilt got a rip in it. So, during General Conference i appliqued a couple of hearts over the holes.

I want my grandkids to wear out their quilts, but when I can mend a hole before it gets bigger, I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment