Sunday, April 24, 2011

The Law of Entropy and the Recipe for Chocolate Cake


Entropy: a process of degradation or running down or a trend to disorder.
My cooking abilities follow the law of entropy.  Here is an example:
One year ago:  I saw a recipe for an individual piece of cake, to make in a greased teacup.  (The recipe said to measure flour, cocoa, oil, eggs, salt, sugar, baking powder, etc, mix it in the teacup and cook it in the microwave for 30 seconds.)  
I was excited about this recipe, and made it for myself one time.  I told Rachel about it, and she told me it was a waste of time.  She told me of the following recipe:
Ten months ago:  Rachel said just open a box of chocolate cake mix.  Spoon out a little bit into a greased teacup, add a little powdered egg, a little oil, and a little water.  Mix it, and cook it in the microwave for 30 seconds.
I was SO EXCITED!  This was much easier than measuring out all the individual ingredients as I had done before.  So I cooked myself these individual little cakes every so often over the past few months.
Last month:  I was craving something sweet, and since the cake mix box was opened and partially used, I just spooned some powder in a bowl and added a little water and stirred it around and ate the batter raw.  It was delicious!  And very quick!
Last week:  As I was passing the cabinet, I remembered “There is an open box of cake mix in there.  I should eat some!”  And I got a spoon and ate some powder straight out of the box.
The End
    

No comments:

Post a Comment