Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Wayne is starting to meet people in our ward

Since Wayne was released last Sunday, he got to attend my ward (or, I should say OUR ward) for almost the first time Sunday.

He has attended the Morrisville ward only a few times, when he was on duty at work and needed to be close to the computer.  Before he was in the young adult bishopric, he was on the high council for 5 years, so during that time he only attended our ward about 9 times a year.  He figures he hasn't sat with Zac regularly in church since Zac was about nine years old.

I ENJOYED sitting with my husband!  I LOVED it!  And I enjoyed introducing him to every person we saw.  "Have you met my husband?  Isn't he awesome?"  (Actually I left off that last part.)

Then on Monday we attended our ward's Memorial Day picnic.  We sat in our camping chairs with our cool new aluminum camping table between us, while I pointed out all the different people and told him their names.

Oh, and I did the same thing on Saturday at a wedding reception we attended.

I hope that if I tell him names every week, over and over, he will eventually know some of these people.

No comments:

Post a Comment