Tuesday, May 3, 2011

What Else the Plumber Said

After working on our upstairs toilet, the plumber came downstairs.  Wayne was working in his home office, I was in the kitchen.   The plumber said to both of us, "So...which one of you is a doctor?"

I started laughing and said, "Neither one of us.  What gave you that idea?"

He said he had seen some Harvard Medical textbooks on the bookshelves upstairs, and he saw our formal portraits on the wall and thought that the pictures were taken at some fancy physician's convention.

I explained that I bought the books at the Wake County library book sale, for preparedness, and that the photos were from our cruise.

If he hadn't asked us, I can just imagine him going home to his wife, "Wow, honey, I worked in a doctor's house today and it was really middle class and cluttered and not decorated at all."

Nope, I don't think anyone else would ever mistake us for doctors.

1 comment: