Tuesday, April 3, 2012

General Conference, Library Book Sale

I love the annual Wake County Library book sale, but unfortunately for me the cheapest days this year fell on conference weekend.  I won't shop on Sunday, so I had to go to the next-cheapest day, which was Saturday.

I arrived at the state fairgrounds a half-hour early to stand in line with my little grocery cart I brought from home.  I shopped from 10 am to 11:45, and bought about 20 books.

I stood in one spot and turned from left to right to take these two pictures.  



Thats a lot of books!

Then I drove to Seth's and Janette's apartment (they live closest to the fairgrounds.)
I watched the Saturday morning session of conference with them, and enjoyed watching Tessa crawl all over the room.  She has learned to crawl and to clap her hands since the last time I saw her.

I was impressed with the cute "fans" they had folded and hung up all over their living room wall. 



And see that gumball machine?  Seth made that in woodworking in middle school.
1999

Oh, back to my story.
Immediately when that conference session was over, I drove back to the fairgrounds and shopped for another hour and a half, and bought about 20 more books. (Hardbacks were $2, paperbacks were $1.)  I was SO THANKFUL that I brought my little grocery cart, I saw other people carrying cardboard boxes or heavy totebags full of books, and that looked painful.

Then I zoomed home and got there exactly three minutes late for the afternoon session of conference.

It was a hectic day, but I am so glad I was able to do it all.  I could have used another 2 hours at the book sale, though.  I really only got to look through about 7 subsections of Non-Fiction  (I love non-fiction), I didn't have time to look at any fiction or children's.

No comments:

Post a Comment