Sunday, May 30, 2010

Couldn't keep her out of the picture


I have been working on redoing my website, and one of the things I had to do was take new photos of all the quilts I have made in the past two years. I was babysitting Elizabeth and Thomas while taking the photos, and Elizabeth kept getting into the photos. She was just dying to get her picture taken.



I made this quilt top from an antique grandmother's garden quilt top that my mom bought at an estate sale. About 20 years ago, I washed it, and parts of it shredded away. Of course the quilt top was ruined. So over time, I took it apart and resewed the good pieces onto this green background, then put some borders around it. Last year I finally got the little quilt top done, but not quilted.

Now it is a beautiful new baby-size quilt top, ready for some new grandchild to inherit it.

Or to be used for a budding model's photo backdrop.

No comments:

Post a Comment