Sunday, May 23, 2010

Publicity Miracle


I still don't know if I am getting released from seminary, but I am thinking it will happen. My plans are to pursue my quilting career again full blast, so I can be hired by lots of quilt guilds and quilting conferences again. For the last 2 years I have not worked much, because I wasn't advertising myself. It was too stressful teaching seminary and then trying to do all the paperwork for the business.

A few months ago, I finally entered some quilts in the AQS show in Lancaster PA, and although I didn't win any of the cash awards my quilt caught the eye of the editors of American Quilter magazine. I would say that this is one of the top few quilting magazines in the world. And the editors liked my quilt well enough to feature it in a big way in the American Quilter July 2010 issue, which came in the mail yesterday.

This is a pretty big deal for me to have a full page devoted to my quilt, with all the text explaining about the quilt. Only the best of show winners and some of the category winners from the Lancaster Show had their quilts with full page pictures. (Of course they also won big cash awards, but lets not think about that.)



(Click on the photo so you can read the text, it is completely accurate, no misprints or inaccuracies, she even listed my website url, which she said they wouldn't do.)

So I am thinking, that if Heavenly Father wanted to tell me "thank you" for teaching seminary and for putting my business on hold, and if He wanted to give me some free publicity to jump start my entrance into the ranks of the famous quilting teachers, He couldn't have done a much better job. This publicity is truly a miracle. Thank you, Heavenly Father.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I appreciate your gratitude and recognition of the Source of your blessings as well. Great job!

    ReplyDelete