Sunday, May 16, 2010

My Ride to the Fabric Store

Saturday morning I wanted to go to the fabric store, because I have a new quilt that I am dying to make and I had been waiting all week for a chance to go.

Wayne had just bought his convertible the day before. When I said I was going, he said "I'll take you there." This is fairly unusual, I usually drive myself on errands such as this. But he was so excited to drive his car again that he gave me a ride. Unfortunately for him, I hate convertibles so he had to drive me there with the top up. But then he put the top down and drove around Umstead State Park for 45 minutes while I shopped, then he came back to pick me up in perfect time, just when I was checking out.

I spent $66 on fabric, which I don't do too often, but I bought the whole entire project at once, instead of using fabric I already had, and adding additional fabric to it. This one will be new and different colors for me, colors that I did not already have in my stash, and I am pretty antsy to get started.


Here is Wayne in the parking lot of "Wish Upon a Quilt" in Raleigh. I love that fabric store!

No comments:

Post a Comment