Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Over the Hill, Fourth Graduation

This quilt is hanging near my bedroom door, so I see it several times a day.

I made it in 2002, and while I was sewing it I was actually thinking about how our houses become more delapidated every year, not about our bodies. But now that I am 8 years older, I am thinking more about my mind and my body wearing out. My eyesight is getting so terrible I need to get some magnifying glasses so I can thread needles again.

And my brain is shot and I am a terrible person, I was only thinking of the 3 people graduating from college, and completely neglected to mention that TARA IS GRADUATING FROM HIGH SCHOOL in June. So I apoligize for forgetting that.

"Over the Hill", 15"w x 12"h. I made this highly embellished piece in a workshop taught by Susan Shie. I've always enjoyed her quilts.

No comments:

Post a Comment