Saturday, January 31, 2009

More house quilts #2


"This is the Life #1", 24"w x 22"h. I've made a whole series of "This is the Life" quilts, just using different colors. I teach a workshop where people learn to make the house and the borders using a curved piecing technique.


"Over the Hill", 15"w x 12"h. I made this highly embellished piece in a workshop taught by Susan Shie. I've always enjoyed her quilts.


"Good Neighbors #2", 16" x 24". This is a class sample for one of my quilting workshops. The pattern for these three houses was taken from the border of my quilt "Make an Appointment". In this workshop I teach the students to draw their own whimsical cartoony houses, and make them in fusible applique. People think they can't draw, but when given permission to draw in a childlike way, they really have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment