Sunday, January 4, 2009

Reading

I have kept a diary every single day since the 7th grade. And in the back of every diary for the past twenty-five years, I have kept a list of all the books I have read that year. I read between 20-70 books per year, almost all from the library, because I rarely buy them.

I read mostly non-fiction, and I have gone through many topics. I get interested in something and then read everything on that subject for a number of years, until I can no longer find any books about it that I haven't read. Here are some of the topics I have extensively read about: the Beatles, the Civil War, World War II, LDS Church History, natural disasters and calamities, diseases and epidemics, stock market crashes and bubbles, self-help books. In my younger years I read a lot of motherhood/parenting books.

Here are some of my very favorite authors, I have tried to read everything they have written: Barbara Tuchman, Hugh Nibley, A.J. Jacobs, J.K. Rowling, Ann B. Ross (Miss Julia Series).

I will be giving lots of book reviews in this blog, because there are SO MANY books I want to recommend.

1 comment:

  1. Amy, are you a member of goodreads.com? Elizabeth, Sara and I are, and it is a great place to record what you've read,are currently reading and want to read, write reviews, and share with the rest of us there about your reading, and see our stuff too. Thanks for your blog. I can't believe you have time to do all this, but it is great. Steve's wife Sara does this too, also on blogspot, and it is great.

    ReplyDelete