Thursday, March 26, 2009

Church Art Competition

The 8th International Art competition of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has now opened, and you can see it online by clicking HERE.

If you click the tab for "O-P", you can see my favorite piece. It is by Richard Passey, "4,000 Years: Book of Mormon Insights". It is an amazing tooled-leather POP-UP BOOK, can you even imagine making one of those? There are three different photos of it that you can click on.

I didn't look at the whole exhibit, but I looked at some of it, and there are several beautiful quilts in there.

Dumb idiot me, I had a quilt almost ready to enter but didn't get it done in time for the deadline. Oh well.

I had a quilt accepted in 2000, "Book of Mormon Stories", which you can see on my blog if you go back to my posts from Jan. 7-11, 2009. (To go backwards, click on "Older Posts" at bottom of the screen.)

No comments:

Post a Comment