Sunday, March 8, 2009

Wayne's Favorites

Our ward asked us these questions and put it on the ward website so people could get to know us.


Name: Wayne
Birthday: Dec 24
Favorite sports team = Duke Blue Devils basketball
color = purple

scripture = Moroni Chapter 7 - the whole chapter.
I especially like the early parts of the chapter that discuss the source of good and evil and how to tell the difference. But, the discussion on Faith, Hope and Charity is marvelous.

quote = "Life is hard. Then you die" David Gerrold.
Believe it or not, I'm an optimist. I use this phrase to meet the challenges of life.
When things don't go the way I planned, I remind myself that I wasn't promised that life would be easy. Only that it would be worth it. Rather than feel picked on, I pick myself up off and move forward. Then hopefully, when it is time to move the next phase of my existence, I'll be ready.

food = Grilled salmon with bernaise sauce (on my own grill with my own sauce)

band/music = classic Cat Stevens

Mission - Bolivia 1975 - 1977 speaking both Spanish and Aymara (an native language)

1st kiss! Amy and I had our first date in Janurary 1980 to the Osmond's concert in Provo, UT.
We had our first kiss on Valentine's Day after the ward dance.
We had our first conversation about marriage on Feb 22nd.
We were officially engaged on March 1st.
And, we were married on June 21st of the same year.
29 years, 17 cars, 6 children, 4 houses, and 2 grand children later, we are still together and loving it!

What is your 5 min pick me upper?
Chocolate. Most any kind will do, but mint chocolate is the best.

Do you have facebook, Ipod-mp3 player, WII? Yes, yes & yes

Hobbies through the years,
Mountain biking, rock climbing, camping, hiking, backpacking, kayaking, sailing, photography, guitar, volleyball, reading, music, movies, TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment