Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Teaching at MidAtlantic Quilt Festival 2009



Last week Wayne and I drove to Hampton, VA where I was an instructor at the MidAtlantic Quilt Festival. I taught 3 full-day classes to about 21 women per day: "Playtime Neighborhood in Fusible Applique", "Finishing Touches: Borders, Bindings, and Embellishments", and "Crooked Log Cabin for the Precision Impaired". (The photos here are from the "Crooked Log Cabin" class.")

I had a really good time but was always really tired from being on my feet all day. Wayne was a great helper, it is my first teaching trip to have him come along on. (I said he was my "roadie" and also my "groupie".) It was my second time to teach at MidAtlantic Quilt Festival, but I have been going there as a customer for more than 10 years.

Below are two photos of some women in my class "Crooked Log Cabin for the Precision Impaired" with the little quilt tops they completed during that day. You can see some of my quilts hanging on the classroom walls behind them.


No comments:

Post a Comment