Tuesday, March 31, 2009

April's Fools Day food



Here's an April Fool's dinner I made in 2005:

I served the dinner first(but it was really dessert):

The meatloaf is Marshmallow Treats made with Cocoa Krispies and some cut up Twizzlers in it to look like pimentos. (click on photo to see how realistic it looks up close)

The mashed potatoes are vanilla icecream with carmel sauce. (I froze these separately on a cookie sheet, and put them on the plate at the last minute.)

The carrots are carrot-shaped bubble gum.

The drink is red Jello with a straw in it. Some of my family really tried to drink it, they assumed it was liquid.

Then I served the dessert (but it was really the main dish):

I made a lovely trifle with what looked like frosting on top. It was actually a 7-layer salad with mayonnaise on top.

(This was my one and only time to do a great April Fool's dinner, don't think I do it all the time.)

No comments:

Post a Comment