Monday, March 9, 2009

Crockpot Pork Roast and Gravy

I HATE trying new recipes. It is my worst thing ever. I never ever do it, because the food never turns out. The only way I get recipes is by tasting something at someone's house or a party, and then asking for the recipe. So I am shocked that I tried this recipe from the Reader's Digest. (I had a pork roast, and was going to cook it anyway, and had all the ingredients, so it was pretty much a miracle.) This recipe is much better than the way I used to do a pork roast in the oven, so I will throw away that old recipe.



Crockpot Pork Roast and Gravy
(From Reader’s Digest, March 3/09, p. 181)

1 boneless whole pork loin roast (3-4 lbs.)
1 can (14 ½ oz.) chicken broth (or 2 cups water and 2 chicken boullion cubes)
½ cup chopped onion
¼ cup cider vinegar
2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp. brown sugar
2 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper

Put pork into the crockpot, combine all ingredients in a bowl, then pour over the pork. Cover and cook on low 3-4 hours until meat thermometer reads 160 degrees.

I cooked potatoes in another crock pot but next time I will put them in with this, I can’t give you instructions until I try it.

For Gravy:

2 tsp. cornstarch
2 tsp. cold water

Strain cooking juices and skim fat; pour 1 cup into small saucepan. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened.

THIS WAS ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment