Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Janette's Blog, and Hobby for Eternity

I had the most fun ever reading Seth's girlfriend's blog. Janette had so many funny stories about Seth, and of course a proud mom like me wants to read exciting stories about her son. And about the girl he is spending all his time with*.

Also, she told many, many amusing anecdotes about her own life, and now I am feeling a bit stodgy and old, because so many of my blog posts are so matter-of-fact and informative and documentary and instructive, rather than amusing and funny. Sorry.

Also, I watched "Rebecca" on Saturday (the old movie from the book by Daphne du Maurier) and really liked it. I'm going to have to reread that book again. But my favorite book by du Maurier is "The House on the Strand". It is about a guy in the 1930's who rents a 1600's house in England, and by taking drugs, he can go back in time and see the people who lived there in the 1600's.

I have always had a fascination with that type of time travel. I have a plan for after I'm dead: When I finally get to talk to Heavenly Father, I am going to ask him to show me some spot on the earth, and watch a video of what happened on that spot from the beginning to the end of time. That will be the most enjoyable thing ever.

Then I'll have to do that same thing again and again, because I'll want to see what happened on every spot in the world. And thats what eternity is for.


*That sentence was not proper English grammar. However, I don't want to write "and about the girl with whom he is spending all his time." As Winston Churchill said, "That is the type of English up with which I will not put."

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you liked it.
    Don't worry, I thoroughly enjoy matter-of-fact, informative, documentary and instructive blog posts.

    ReplyDelete