Saturday, May 9, 2009

Stake Baby Quilt Project #2

Here are examples of some of the baby quilt or wheelchair lap quilts we made at our stake day of service May 2 (a few of these were finished quilts, most are just quilt tops so far. We created a lot of kits to sew later.)

I really enjoyed preparing for it, I made about 13 simple quilt tops in the 2 1/2 weeks I had to prepare. I enjoyed the day of the project too, I got to dig through all the donated fabric and try to coordinate things and decide what went with what. It was just like a vacation for me, disguised as church work. "I've got to go cut up fabric and sew quilts, its for church."

It reminded Wayne of the time he and Mel Spencer had to go camping at various places to "check them out for future scout trips". They could say, "I've got to go do church work" and then go play.










No comments:

Post a Comment