Saturday, May 30, 2009

Law of the Harvest



Here are the shelves where I organize all my lessons for seminary each week. I usually go through the week's lessons on Sundays, and break up all the papers into piles for each day of the week. (The labels say "Mon" "Tues" "Wed" "Thurs" "Fri" and "Next Week".) If I don't get to something one day, I just move it to the next day or skip it.

Yesterday was my last day to teach seminary (17 sophomores, New Testament) for this school year. I came home, and cleaned out all my shelves, to get ready for next year when I teach Book of Mormon. Elizabeth and Thomas like to climb on the shelves and lay on them like they are bunk beds now.




Here are the very first edible things I have ever grown. RADISHES! I really like radishes, and they are easy to grow and get ripe in 30 days from the time you plant the seeds. That is really quick. My other plants are still sitting there doing nothing. I will probably never get a green pepper or a squash, I don't know why the plants aren't growing. Anyway, I am proud of myself for finally starting a garden and I will eat these radishes and feel very smug that I grew them.

Moral of the story: I cannot tell what (if anything) my 17 seminary students learned from me. Who knows if I planted any fertile seeds in their minds or their testimonies.

Will they ever see the fruit from their labors of getting up every morning and coming to class? I wish I could have been a perfect seminary teacher but I wasn't. I hope something got through to them, and that in their lives there will be some results from my efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment