Sunday, May 31, 2009

Top Ten Values

This morning I am flying to Arizona to go to a retreat with my sisters, brothers, and mother. My sister Carla is a Life Coach, and she does these retreats for money, but this time my mom paid for all of us to go. It was her Christmas present to us. It will be fun!

We will be staying at a deluxe resort, with a Lazy River that you float around on. I haven't been in a swimsuit for years. But I do want to float around so I guess I'll put one on.

Carla sent us a bunch of homework to do. She gave us this long, long list of values, and told us to pick the very top 10 that we valued the most.

Here are my top ten things that I value:
freedom, integrity, joy, order, personal growth, reliability, respect, security, spiritual development, using my talents.


(It was really hard to get down to ten. I had too many, so two of the ones I removed were "marriage" and "family" because I get most of my joy from my marriage and family so joy covered that.)





Here is the original long list. You should try it, see what your top ten are.

achievement
adventure
aesthetics/beauty
affection
altruism
autonomy
caring
challenge
clarity
Commitment
Community
Competition
Completion
Connecting/bonding
Creativity
Do good
Do the right thing
Do things my way
Emotional health
Empowerment
Enlightenment]
Entrepreneurship
Environment]
Equality
Equity
Elegance
Esteem (of others)
Excellence
Excitement
Fame
Family happiness
Feel good
Financial security
Fix broken things or systems
Forward the action
Frankness
freedom
Friendship
Fulfillment
Fun/laughter
Getting ahead
Give of myself
Happiness
Hard work
Harmony of talk/action
Health
Helping
Helping the less fortunate
Honesty
Humor
Inclusivity
Independence
Inner harmony
Innovation
Integrity
Interesting experiences
Intimacy
Inventing
Joy
Justice
Keep things the same
Leadership
Learning
Leisure time
Look good
Love
Loyalty
Make money
Marriage
Mastery/excellence
Nature
Nurturing
Openness
Opportunity
Order
Orderliness/accuracy
Partnership
Peace
Perseverance
Personal appearance
Personal growth
Play/playfulness
Pleasure
Power
Privacy/solitude
Quality
Reach for the stars
Recognition
Reliability
Respect
Revolution
Risk taking/daring
Romance/magic
Safety
Saving/investing
Security
Seek truth
Self-control
Self-esteem
Self-expression
Self-reliance
Self-respect
Sensuality
Service/contribution
Setting an example
Simplicity
Socializing
Social advancement
Solving problems
Spiritual development
Spirituality
Spontaneity/improv.
Strength
Synergy
Team spirit
Trust
Truth
Uniqueness
Using my talents
Vitality
Wealth
Winning
Wisdom
Vitality/aliveness

No comments:

Post a Comment