Sunday, February 7, 2010

Chris's Painting in Family History Library


My mother is a good painter, and she painted this family history folk-art montage, portraying every place in church history, American history, and our family history. It was originally 6 feet long.

She had it digitally copied onto canvas, and made copies for all her children, her brothers and sisters, and all her nieces and nephews (about 100 copies). I have one of the 6' copies hanging in my home.

The Church also put a 13 feet long copy in the Family History Library in Salt Lake City. (She just had it copied digitally twice its size).

She printed a book to go with it and gave it to each of her relatives, along with the painting. Each page has a small picture at the top, to show which building she is telling about, and then she has written the story of each place. It is extremely touching to read the stories of my ancestors and look at the building where that event occurred.

(The story I posted yesterday was from that book. She included on the painting a picture of her dad pulling a load of coal. You can see him at the right of the painting, above the A-frame house, and below the herd of cows.)

This painting really means a lot to me.

(This photo was taken in early 2007, I think. I am a lot skinnier than that now.)

No comments:

Post a Comment