Friday, February 12, 2010

Going to Myrtle Beach

(We learned yesterday that our stake conference broadcast, which was supposed to be this Sunday, is postponed until sometime in March. It was going to be a 60-stake broadcast, and they postponed it because most of the 60 stakes are crippled under record-breaking snow. Not us, though. We only had rain during the past two big east-coast blizzards.)



This afternoon we are going to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. It is a four hour drive. No, this isn't some romantic Valentine getaway, we are going because Zac is going to run in the Myrtle Beach half-marathon with his friend Garrett.

We got a 3-bedroom suite in an ocean-front resort hotel (it was cheaper than you might expect because its about 32 degrees outside and most people don't want to be at the beach this week).

So Adam and Tiffany, and Isaac and Rachel and two little kiddles are coming with us.

Oh, I forgot to write that Elizabeth and Thomas were over here on Wednesday. Thomas (20 months old) calls himself "Mommas". I guess they can never start calling him "Tommy" or he might call himself "Mommy".

And he calls Elizabeth "Buzzbuss". I love it.


I have to add one more thing. I sure am glad I am not the mother of little children anymore. It is great to be a grandmother and send them home. Those two children are perfectly normal, and fight over all the toys. It reminds me of a t-shirt I saw on a little toddler once. This is what it said:

Toddler Rules of Property:

If I like it, its mine.
If its in my hand, its mine.
If I had it a little while ago, its mine.
If it looks just like mine, its mine.
If I think its mine, its mine.


A truer thing was never said.

1 comment:

  1. Now you know why my Elizabeth is 'Bissy'. Less obvious is why she is also 'Kayla'. That happened at her dad's, and I'm not sure why he started calling her that.

    ReplyDelete