Tuesday, February 23, 2010

New Church Building and More

1) Announcement: Our new Morrisville ward building, only 1/2 mile from my house, is finally done!!!!!!!! We will be meeting in it for the first time Sunday, Feb. 28, 2010 from 9 am-12 noon.

This has been quite an ordeal for our ward. The ground breaking was October 2007, and we thought the building was going to be done in the spring of 2008. Our ward was split in October 2009, and since all the buildings were full we have had to meet at the stake center from 4:15-7:15 every Sunday for the last 5 months. I am SO GLAD that meeting schedule is over.

I have been told we will start holding seminary in the new building on March 8.



2) I just signed up to be on the FlyLady email list again, after being off for about 8 years. Her emails really help me to get motivated to clean my house and keep the clutter away. I am about to start painting my master bathroom, and then we are going to get tile installed in all the bathrooms. So things will be a bit crazy around here.


3) Tara's play was over on Saturday, and now she is starting another play, called "Pippin". She said it is about the son of Charlemagne, so I assume they will be wearing medieval costumes.


4) Wayne has decided to host one of the Family Home Evening groups for the Young Adult ward at our house on Saturday evenings. They are going to learn to cook together and then eat what they make. I think it will be a popular FHE group.

5) Less than 4 weeks until our cruise! Still trying to find a better formal.

No comments:

Post a Comment