Friday, June 25, 2010

Fun Little Trip





Wayne only took a half-day off for our 30th anniversary, because we consider the cruise we took in March to have been our real celebration.

But we wanted to spend time together, so we took a long drive in his Mustang, and drove through Pittsboro, Sanford, and Lillington. We took pictures of houses, we ate lunch at Mrs. Lacey's Magnolia Tea Room, we shopped in antique stores (We loved this purple leather chair) , and we browsed in the huge showroom of East Coast Classics Auto Sales in Lillington.

Then we ate supper at Carabba's, rented two movies "When in Rome" and "Alice in Wonderland", and came home and set up my new digital projector and played the movies on the wall, like a huge big screen TV.

It was quite a lovely anniversary.

P.S. I quite enjoyed both of the movies, and recommend them to everyone. It was great that neither one had any cussing or immorality. ( I guess the only warning I would give is that "When in Rome" showed a bit too much cleavage.) I probably won't buy them, though.

"When in Rome" made me laugh out loud many many times. I just loved Jon Heder's role as a street magician.

No comments:

Post a Comment