Monday, June 21, 2010

Our 30th Anniversary


Wayne and I got married June 21, 1980 in the Salt Lake Temple. Here are two photos I have from that day that have been scanned to digital (I need to get the rest done).

Above: Wayne's dad is in the front with Elizabeth, Wayne and I are walking with Ashlee. My mother and her husband Gil are behind Wayne's dad. And lots of other friends and relations are behind us.

Below: This is a sweet photo of Wayne's grandparents. It was a rare snapshot of them being cute and romantic to each other.




I can remember driving to the Salt Lake Temple that morning with my mother. I was absolutely panicked that we would get in a car accident, or that Wayne would, and that one of us would be killed before we could get married.

And my fears for Wayne were actually pretty realistic, since his grandpa was the one driving to the temple. Halfway from Layton to Salt Lake, Grandpa suddenly swerved and exited because he remembered he had left his temple recommend at home. They had to go back for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment