Saturday, June 12, 2010

Seth Fixed My Sewing Machine



I have 4 sewing machines. One old top-of-the-line Bernina from 1977, one NEW top-of-the-line Bernina from 2004, one $7 Singer from a yard sale, and one $400 Singer Featherweight which was built in 1952 and only weighs 7 pounds, and which I bought specifically to take to classes and service projects because it is so easy to carry.

The last three times I have taken my little Singer Featherweight to a Young Women service project or a Relief Society service project, someone has hit a pin or jammed it in some way. The first two times I had to take it in to be repaired, and it cost me $80 each time. I was determined to never take it anywhere or let anyone else ever sew on it again.

Then we had a sewing project where a woman needed a sewing machine. I figured that since she knew how to sew, she wouldn't hit a pin the way the young girls did. But through no fault of her own, some thread got jammed into the bobbin case and the machine was unusable AGAIN.

I was so frustrated. I thought that I could never live the law of consecration at this rate, if it cost me $80 every time we did a service project.

But when Seth was at my house a few days ago, I asked him to look at it. It took him more than an hour, but he took the whole thing apart and was successful at removing this microscopic little piece of thread, which had completely jammed the bobbin case.



It gives you a whole new perspective on the mote and the beam.



(P.S. The pink tools are mine, not Seth's.)

No comments:

Post a Comment