Friday, June 4, 2010

I'm Doomed

A few weeks before Stephen's wedding, I told Anne I would love to help her with any of the wedding clothing. She had some things that needed altered and hemmed and fixed, and I was happy to do it.

I did not offer to cook anything for the reception.

I found out many years ago that I am cursed when it comes to food. If I offer to bring a dinner to a sick person, every part of the dinner gets ruined. I have delivered disgusting or raw things too many times. When I am tempted to volunteer to bring food, I quickly stop myself.

The evening before the last day of seminary, I thought it would be nice of me to bring in some food for the students the next day. I decided to make my tried-and-true Cinnamon Cake, which I have made hundreds of times. What could go wrong?

Apparently, I must have put in too much baking powder, because it puffed up and foamed up out of the pan, and more than half of it ended up in the bottom of the oven.

Then the rest of the cake was glued solid to the bundt cake pan, and I had to pry it out. This is a picture of the whole cake.

So, I went to the store and bought some donuts for seminary, and told Tara and Zac they could eat the cake. They say it tasted good.

1 comment:

  1. I pass on the service opps that involve bringing in dinner too. I found out it was too stressful. I serve better in other ways, and try to do twice as much elsewere to make up for letting all those clipboards go by.

    ReplyDelete