Friday, September 23, 2011

Anecdotes about Church Presidents

Brother Flake was an instructor at Brigham Young University's Education Week in August.  He told these stories:

Flake told of a woman who came to President Brigham Young.  She said, "My husband just told me to go to hell.  What should I do?"

Brigham Young responded, "Don't go."



Flake also mentioned President Hinckley and his wife, Marjorie Hinckley.  Flake told of someone approaching Sister Hinckley and complementing her on how well she looked for her age, and then expressing how her husband especially looked well for his age.

Flake said she responded by saying, "Well, if I had 12 million people praying for me everyday I'd look better than he did."




I ripped this article out of the Daily Universe, which is the newspaper for Brigham Young University.  August 17, 2011.  I'm sorry, since I didn't keep the first part of the article, I don't know what Brother Flake's first name is.

No comments:

Post a Comment