Thursday, September 22, 2011

Protection

We went to the beach with Bryce and Marianne in August, and we took Elizabeth and Thomas along.  It was great fun to have those little kids with us, they loved playing in the sand and in the water.

Bryce and Marianne and the kids made a sandcastle, which started out really high above the water line, but as the day went on the tide started coming in.


As it got closer and closer, I warned Elizabeth that her sand castle was about to get washed away.  She said firmly, "I WILL PROTECT IT!" and she laid down in front of it and spread her arms out.

As you know, that didn't work,  and eventually she gave up and the waves destroyed the castle.

I thought about it, and realized that this is the same way I feel about the filth and wickedness that is all around me in the world.  I am trying to keep it out, and keep my family safe, but there is a chance it will wash over us and destroy us anyway.  I am praying that we are built on the high ground, and we won't get destroyed.

I am praying for my family to obey the commandments, do the simple things like pray and read scriptures and serve in church callings, and attend church meetings, for that is the only way to protect ourselves from the world.  I have faith that Heavenly Father will protect us and guide us by his living prophet if we are doing our part and showing faith in the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment