Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Genuine Bull Durham Tobacco


We took my mom to the American Tobacco Campus while she was here, and ate pizza at the Mellow Mushroom and then wandered around.  We went in one store that had this painted mural on the wall.

My mother got all excited about it and made me take this picture.  She said, "My dad could never stop smoking.  He rolled his own, and most of the memories I have of him is him sitting in his chair with ashes and spilled tobacco all around him.  He only smoked Bull Durham Tobacco."

She said it was a filthy habit and he always wanted to quit but never could.  She started crying when she told me that on her mission, the only thing she could think to send him for a Christmas present was a can of Bull Durham.  She felt sad about it her whole life.

No comments:

Post a Comment