Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fool's tricks

When I was young, we lived on 60 acres outside of Bartlesville, Oklahoma. My dad had horses, and there were usually a couple of pregnant mares in the spring. Every year, my mom would tell my dad on April Fool's day, "There's a new colt out in the field" and he would go look for it.

Brother Godfrey's family said that when he was in the stake presidency, he woke all his family up early in the morning and said there had been an announcement that they all had to evacuate and travel to Missouri. They all packed up their stuff and got in the car before he told them it was April Fool's.

In our family, we have never done any great April Fool's jokes, the only one I can remember was when Bryce (or Zac?) put a rubber band around the kitchen sprayer and aimed it just right, so when Wayne turned on the kitchen faucet it sprayed him full blast in the chest. When Bryce started laughing, Wayne grabbed him and gave him a nice tight hug so Bryce got all wet from Wayne's sopping wet shirt.

I would love to hear other people's April Fool's jokes.

No comments:

Post a Comment