Monday, November 2, 2009

1956 Hill Cumorah Pageant


In the summer of 1956, my parents, with their three little children, joined my mother's family at a reunion at the Hill Cumorah Pageant. I think it is really interesting to see what the hill looked like back then. There were rows of benches, and a strange backdrop on the left.

(Click on photos to make them bigger.)


(Left to right)My older sister Cheryl (about 3), my mother's sister Lynette, my mother Christine, my Granny Norma, my sister Cindy (1 yr old), and my mother's youngest brother Steven, about 6.
For those of you who have been there, I think they are walking in the bowl near the road. I see the line of chairs beyond them, and that weird backdrop far in the distance.


Here are some of my mother's family standing at the Moroni monument.
My oldest sister Cheryl, 3, is in front. My mother is holding 6-wk-old Larry. My grandparents, Norma and Joe, are in the back holding my sister Cindy, wearing a bonnet.

No comments:

Post a Comment