Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Some Disconnected Thoughts



I was wearing a necklace that I inherited from my mother, so I had Wayne take these pictures of me. You can see a picture of my mother wearing this necklace in the 1960's in my blog post of Jan. 12, 2009.

I found a delicious-looking recipe in a magazine for "Eggnog Cheesecake Bars". I never try recipes because they never turn out like I think they are going to. So I made these supposedly wonderful bars, and discovered I had left out most of the sugar. We ate them anyway, by dipping each bite in some sugar that we poured on our plate. And I threw away the recipe anyway, because you couldn't taste the eggnog. I wanted them to taste like eggnog!

Our new home teachers came last week, and said something that really filled me with guilt. He and his wife moved into our ward 11 months ago, and he said that no one has been friendly to them. (I don't think I have ever seen this man before, or ever heard his name until he called us to make the home teaching appt.) I thought of how little I really look around and try to greet the new people, and decided that I really need to be more aware of my surroundings at church. I feel sad that I wasn't somebody who had made them feel welcome.

Wayne and I have been having fun watching "Project Runway". There are only three contestants left. We hate Irina.

We bought some furniture from Penney's, Wayne had to put it together. And one whole section is a different dyelot of paint. So it looks stupid. I am not happy about it.

And yesterday I read this article about the H1N1 mutating in Ukraine. Its pretty scary, if it is in fact getting more virulent. They are reporting viral pneumonia.
"A doctor in Western Ukraine who did not want to be named, said:” We have carried out post mortems on two victims and found their lungs are as black as charcoal.
“They look like they have been burned. It’s terrifying.”"

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/140492/Million-hit-by-plague-worse-than-swine-flu-

No comments:

Post a Comment