Thursday, November 5, 2009

Sarah Susanka Books, Ikea catalog

After going to the Parade of Homes, Wayne and I have been doing nothing but design our dream home. (In three years we hope to move.) So we have been reading all the Sarah Susanka books we could get at the library (Not So Big House, Creating the Not So Big House, Not So Big Remodeling, etc) because we really like her style of architecture. It would be nice to build a house like the ones in her books.

Plus, I don't know where I've been, but I never knew what Ikea was and had never seen an Ikea catalog until I saw one at Rachel's house a couple of weeks ago, and had to come right home and order my own. I love Ikea! I think I will have to order some Christmas gifts from it.

Also, Wayne found a really good deal on two more kayaks. Now we own 7. And miraculously, they will all fit on our trailer at one time. But, this just shows you why we need about six garages. He is never going to stop buying boats and things, so it is wise for us to move in a few years so he will have the room to store everything.

Complete change of subject: I was talking to my mom a few days ago, and she said that my Aunt Alice (her sister) is about to finish up the Clarkson data base to turn it into the Church for the new Family Search. With 105,000 names, it will be the single biggest data base in the whole church to be uploaded. Although I don't do family history, I can feel a little proud to be related to those who do.

1 comment:

  1. FYI-the cabinets we installed in our living room are from Ikea, as well as some of the furniture I had before Adam and I got married.

    ReplyDelete