Saturday, November 14, 2009

The Final Battle

I read a lot of scriptures that talk about the last days, the days just before Christ comes again. In the Book of Mormon, 1 Nephi 14:13-14 talks about a battle between the forces of evil and the righteous people right at the end of the world.

1 Nephi 14:13 And it came to pass that I beheld that the great mother of abominations did gather together multitudes upon the face of all the earth, among all the nations of the Gentiles, to fight against the Lamb of God.
1 Nephi 14:14 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, beheld the power of the Lamb of God, that it descended upon the saints of the church of the Lamb, and upon the covenant people of the Lord, who were scattered upon all the face of the earth; and they were armed with righteousness and with the power of God in great glory.



(If you want to read the rest of the chapter, click here: 1 Nephi 14)

President Hugh B. Brown, one of the Twelve Apostles in the 1960's, spoke of the “final battle” between Satan and his followers and the followers of God:

"I hope that every young man under the sound of my voice will resolve tonight, ‘I am going to keep myself clean. I am going to serve the Lord. I am going to prepare every way I can for future service, because I want to be prepared when the final battle shall come.’

“And some of you young men are going to engage in that battle. Some of you are going to engage in the final testing time, which is coming and which is closer to us than we know.” (in Conference Report, Oct. 1967, p. 115)

My husband Wayne was 11 years old when Pres. Brown spoke that prophecy. It really makes me wonder how close the end is now. Most of the apostles are older than Wayne, except for David Bednar, I think. So that age group is definitely in the running for being in that final battle, "which is closer to us than we know".

No comments:

Post a Comment