Monday, March 22, 2010

3-D House for Mother's Birthday


I spent about 35 hours making this little quilted house for my mom's birthday. The house is 3.5" x 3" and 5" tall. The base is 8" x 9".

It is made of silk fabric, photos transferred onto fabric, beads, yarn, charms, buttons and silk ribbon embroidery. It is all attached together with buttons and black elastic.


The exterior of the house has a photo of my mother, and a photo of her parents.

The interior of the house has photos of Cheryl, Cindy, Larry and me.

The roof interior has photos of Carla and Jamey.

The base is a board covered with fabric. I have written in machine-quilting the verses from Proverbs: "Her children arise up and call her blessed" and "Who can find a virtuous woman? For her price is far above rubies." I made flower-gardens of silk ribbon embroidery in the front and back yards.

No comments:

Post a Comment