Wednesday, March 24, 2010

News from Mazatlan


(Photo of the Papantla Flyers, descending from a 60 ft. tall pole with ropes around their legs. Part of the entertainment that we saw on our bus tour.)


(Photo of my mother and I at the cathedral in Mazatlan.)

I left the ship and came over here to the terminal all by myself. Thanks for all your emails, that made me feel good that you all wrote. Now I know what missionaries feel like.
Me and the girls went on a tour today, airconditioned bus for 3 hours all over Mazatlan. Wow the houses and buildings are all bright colors just like on my quilts. I want to paint my house lime green with purple accents like here.

We love the shows, and last night Wayne and I went to a big band dance and danced the swing, waltz, etc. then left that one and went to the 50's dance and did the swing and the twist and the handjive.

A few days ago we took salsa lessons and line dancing lessons. Wayne would like to be Fred Astaire someday, thats ok by me, he is a good dance partner.

I have not been in shorts or swim suit yet, it has only been about 75 degrees at the hottest but usually I have been indoors so I wasn't ever hot enough for shorts.

We looked great on formal night, we bought the portrais for our 30th anniversary portrait.

I have never felt sea sick a bit, just every now and then it feels just like being on an airplane and sways a little bit so I look drunk as I'm walking. (But I'm not drunk.)(Just wanted to be sure you knew that.)

We are having a WONDERFUL time. Wayne said the first evening, "WE HAVE GOT TO DO THIS AGAIN!!!!!!" so I am sure we will.

1 comment:

  1. Derek said the same thing while we were on our cruise last year! And he still says it periodically. Wish we had more money to go on more cruises!!

    ReplyDelete