Saturday, March 6, 2010

Light at the End of Seminary

Yesterday we moved everything out of the stake center high council room, and on Monday I will start teaching seminary in the new Morrisville building, 1/2 mile from my home. No more driving 9 miles to seminary!

I may be released from seminary in just a few months, yet if I am released, I am totally apprehensive to find out what calling I will get next. I am hoping it is a normal, average calling, like Primary teacher or something that I've done a million times before. I am really ready to have a rest from these hours I spend each day on seminary. However, I'll leave it up to God, I suppose if He wants to give me some other hard calling I will deal with it.

I am finally starting to think I can get back into teaching quilting.

I would really like to start learning how to use New Family Search, I hope I can do that a bunch in the coming year.

I also have a goal to go through the whole "Preach My Gospel" book and do every single exercise in it. I have read the whole thing already, but didn't do any of the exercises. I think that will be much more helpful to do this next time.

(I have all these big goals, like doing NaNoWriMo and Preach My Gospel and Family History, as if I'm going to have tons and grundles of free time suddenly. I'm sure it won't quite work out that way.)

Tara is going to BYU in the fall. Seth & Janette have no idea where they are going after BYU graduation in April. Adam is also graduating from NCSU, no news yet on what he and Tiffany will be doing next. Bryce will be an EFY counselor in the Midwest all summer and will be home 2 weeks at the end of August, probably he and Tara will drive out to BYU together. Then Wayne and I will just have Zac left at home for 2 years, that will be really weird.

Oh, I'll tell you a story about my granddaughter, Elizabeth. She has decided that having a pet fish would be good, so when she was at my house she took a Little People toy (it was a plastic girl, didn't look anything like a fish) and put it in a glass of water and carried it around all day. "This is my fish." And she protected it with her life, and wouldn't let anyone touch it or pour out the water. And she fed it a cracker.

1 comment:

  1. I wish all kids who want a fish (or any pet) were just as creatively satisfied! :D

    ReplyDelete