Sunday, July 17, 2011

Fan Mail

I haven't made any blockbuster quilts in more than a year, so I haven't been putting my quilts in quilt shows the way I used to.

I put this quilt, "Five-thirty A.M." in a big quilt show in May.  If you don't know, this quilt represents my years of teaching early morning seminary.  My house is at the top left, with the lights on.  My car drives past all the houses in town (with their lights off) and then arrives at the full parking lot of the stake center, bottom right, with the lights on.  I also machine quilted lots of scripture mastery verses all over the quilt.

I told about teaching "a religion class" in the little card that hung with the quilt at the show.

To my surprise,  I just received a nice note in snail mail from someone I don't know.

"Dear Amy,
I so enjoyed your quilt.  But I was blown away by your years of faithfully teaching Bible at 6:00 a.m. in the morning.  May God bless your faithfulness.
Sincerely,  Stephanie B________"

That was so nice of her.  I wish I could tell her that I taught one year each of Old Testament, New Testament, Doctrine and Covenants and Church History, and Book of Mormon.

No comments:

Post a Comment