Sunday, July 24, 2011

What's Up with the Department of Justice's website?

I think an organization's website reflects the organization's ideals and goals.  For instance, if I went to LDS.org and found out they had pulled all the pictures of Christ and replaced them with, say, political leaders or clothing ads, I would be confused and upset.  I expect my church's website to display the ideals of my church.

I think there are some things going on in the Justice Department, and as reflected on their website, I think the changes are not good.

I got the following email, so I went to the Department of Justice's website and saw it for myself.

(The above are my comments.  Below is the forwarded email I received.)

http://www.justice.gov/

Well, how interesting   It seems the U.S. Department of Justice has changed its web site.Gone are the colorful red, white, and blue U.S. Flag decorations on the page,
cid:part1.01020304.00010409@earthnet.ws
Replaced by stark black and white. 

cid:part2.08020307.09090900@earthnet.ws

And at the top of the page, is a rather interesting quote:
"The common law is the will of Mankind, issuing from the Life of the People."

Catchy, huh?  Just one tiny little (too small to be relevant obviously) point --the quote is from C. Wilfred Jenks, who in the 1930's was a leading proponent of the "international law" movement, which had as its goal to impose a global common law and which backed 'global workers' rights.'

How very interesting that 'they' couldn't find a nice quote from one of our Founders 

1 comment:

  1. Don't you think you're kind of reading a bit too much into this? Webpages get re-designed all the time- at least every other year or so- just to keep up with advances in technology and changes in their services; I think it looks nice. The quote was probably picked out by a graphic designer for it's nice sentiment.

    ReplyDelete