Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Laughing during a hymn

It hasn't been very many weeks that Wayne and I have been going to church together again.  He was in the bishopric for 3 years, so I never got to sit with him or hear him sing.  Before that, he was in the high council, and was always attending other wards, so I sat with him about 9 times a year.

It has been interesting to sing the hymns next to him.  He sings harmony so beautifully!  During the intermediate hymn on Sunday, every time he hit the deep bass notes I smiled, and the more I smiled the more I needed to tell him why.

So I whispered to him, "You sing pretty!"  and then every time he hit a low note he would smile and I would smile and soon it deteriorated into some very suppressed giggling, and neither one of us could sing at all, because he was so self conscious.  We could hardly get through to the end of the song.  I bet the people on the stand were wondering why we were being so irreverent.

I worried about doing the same thing during the closing hymn, but it was "Faith of our Fathers", and all I could think of was Bing Crosby singing it on our Christmas album.  So we controlled ourselves during that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment