Saturday, April 4, 2009

Categories of Books I've Read

FAVORITE FICTION, I HAVE READ THESE OVER AND OVER

The House on the Strand- Daphne duMaurier

Harry Potter series- J.K. Rowling

High Road to China

Paper Moon (also called "Addie Pray")

A Lantern in Her Hand- Bess Streeter Aldrich. (She also wrote White Bird Flying, which I enjoyed, and Spring Came on Forever, which I didn't like.)

Sense and Sensibility- Jane Austen

Cold Sassy Tree- Olive Ann Burns

Red Sky at Morning



GUILTY PLEASURES (I shouldn't tell you that I liked these books)
Sweet Potato Queens series- Jill Conner Browne



MOST DEPRESSING BOOKS I HAVE EVER READ- Things in them still bother me today when I think of them.

The Living- Annie Dillard (early settlement of Washington State)

A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court- Mark Twain. Written in his cynical later years, he includes the very worst vile practices of the Middle Ages, it broke my heart to read of the tortures and imprisonments and diseases. Not a fun book.

Joy Luck Club- Amy Tan.

Divine Secrets of the YaYa Sisterhood- Rebecca Wells.

James Michener books- I don't know why I keep reading them. Carribean, Centennial, Poland- they all contain some of the worst things I have ever read.

No comments:

Post a Comment