Monday, April 6, 2009

Some Fun Books

BOOKS BY A.J. JACOBS

The Know-it-all- One Man's Humble Quest to Become the Smartest Person in the World by A.J. Jacobs (this was the most enjoyable book I have read in the past several years)

The Year of Living Biblically: One Man's Humble Quest to Follow the Bible as Literally as Possible- A.J. Jacobs. Good, too, and it was especially meaningful to read while I was teaching the Old Testament in seminary.


NOVELS THAT WERE FUN

All Douglas Adams' books: Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy, Restaurant at the End of the Universe, Life, the Universe, and Everything, So Long and Thanks for all the Fish. I like the movie "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy", I'm pretty sure it has parts taken from all the books. (Wayne hated the books).

Princess Bride by William Goldman, very different than the movie.

SHORT STORIES

Patrick McManus books. He write humorous articles about camping, hunting, fishing, for outdoorsy magazines. I bought his books for my dad for Christmas for several years. My favorite short story of all time "Blood Sausage" in his book Real Ponies Don't Go Oink.

My other favorite short story of all time is "Roman Fever", I don't know who wrote it.

No comments:

Post a Comment