Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Painting on suitcases


I hate finding my black suitcases at the airport baggage claim, because they look just like everyone else's. So over the past few years while I have been travelling so much teaching quilting, I have painted several sets of suitcases with bright flowers, polka dots, and stripes. You can use almost any kind of paint, I think I used acrylic craft paint.

(As the years have gone by, and my luggage keeps breaking and getting thrown away, I have become less and less artistic. Now I pretty much just throw a bunch of silly squiggles on it. I used to be more painstaking.)

My boys complained and said I had ruined all our luggage, that it was too girly for them to take anywhere. I guess I could have done a bit more masculine patterns just by painting a wide red stripe down each side of the suitcase.



If you don't want to permanently paint your luggage, here's another idea. Haven, a girl in my seminary class, cut brightly colored duct tape into flowers and stars and pretty shapes, and she stuck it all over her black band instrument case. And from across the room I thought it was paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment