Friday, September 11, 2009

9-11 Quilt that travelled the world




Eight years ago, when the terrorist attacks happened, I was feeling depressed and designed this quilt. It is titled, "The Flame of Hope". It is small, about 9" x 17".

Within a few days of my making it, Karey Bresenhan, the owner of the International Quilt Festival, called for 9-11 quilts and quickly put together a large display of them at the Festival. Mine was chosen as the front page image of the Houston Chronicle. Three hundred of the best quilts toured internationally for three years, and were published in a book, "America: From the Heart", by Karey Bresenhan. Mine was included in the exhibit and the book.





































When the quilts were exhibited at the Knoxville Museum of Art, my quilt was chosen as the image which was on all the brochures and posters to advertise the exhibit. This quilt (and "Make an Appointment") are two of my most famous quilts.



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Amy!! I love it. I saw the link to your blog on Rachel Cheney's blog. You are so talented!

    This is Heather Brady Winters by the way.

    ReplyDelete