Sunday, September 20, 2009

Ask a General Authority

Saturday night was our adult session of Stake Conference, and Jay Jensen was the visiting general authority. During his talk, he told us that for ten minutes we would break from the usual format, and he would take questions from the audience. A question popped into my head, so I raised my hand and I was one of the ones he called on.

My question was: "I enjoy using lds.org to prepare for talks and lessons, but find it very difficult to use the search engine. It just won't point me to what I am looking for. Are there any plans to improve the search engine on that website?"

He answered that he is on the committee, and that they know that there are concerns, and he gave us some hope that it would be improved someday.

That was cool to be able to ask a general authority something.

But until they improve that website, I have my own answer to the search engine nightmare. I have gmail for my email, and it will search for any word in any email you have ever written. So now when I have a talk I want to reference later, I just write an email to myself with the Speaker, Name of the talk, what Ensign, what page, etc. Then when I want to pull up that talk, I search for it on my email instead of using the stinky search engine on lds.org. Then I just go to lds.org and go straight to the correct Ensign.

ALSO (different subject) ANOTHER COOL THING HAPPENED YESTERDAY. I have been struggling with teaching seminary in the Apex building, since our Morrisville building isn't finished yet, they have put me in the stake high council room for a month or two. Only I haven't had a key to it, and was told I couldn't get one. So I have had to rely on one of the parents to let me in the room each day when he brings his children to seminary, because he has a key to it. Except I usually have to wait for him.

Yesterday I looked in my purse and found some keys, I have no idea where they came from. So when I was at stake conference last night I tried the high council room door and the key fit! I think one of the Three Nephites made a special delivery to my purse!

No comments:

Post a Comment