Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Real Cowboys Know This





As my family and I were just walking up to the entrance of Woolaroc Museum, we saw a couple of lifesize statues of a cowboy and of Belle Starr, a female outlaw. My brother Larry immediately pointed to them and said, "Do you want to know how I can tell that these statues were not made by a real cowboy?" Then he pointed to their spurs. "They are wearing their spurs on the wrong feet". He said the buckles are supposed to be on the outside, and the wide leather piece goes on the inside, so it will rub on the horse and protect the boots from rubbing.

Who knew?







P. S. Ixnay on the Three Nephites story from Sept. 20. I guess Anne must have given me the keys. Only the bad news is that they really didn't unlock the high council room, they only fit in the keyhole. So today I was locked out of my classroom. I had told the man that was unlocking the door for me that I had a key, and he went out of town for a week with no worries. I had to give my lesson in the choir seats of the chapel, without a chalkboard or any of the students' supplies or scriptures. Now I have to scramble to get a key for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment