Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Food Storage Challenge

I just heard about a Food Storage Challenge that is being done at http://foodstoragemadeeasy.net/. I might be a week late in telling you about it, but it is still interesting to go there and learn about it.

They are going to announce, on a surprise date in September, when you are supposed to experience an "emergency", whether it is an electrical blackout, or loss of water, or an evacuation, etc, and you are supposed to try to live as if you are in that emergency. I doubt if I will do it, but I am going to follow along and read the blog posts of everyone else. I need to learn how to get through those types of things.

Wayne and I did a somewhat similar challenge when we were engaged. Our student ward bishop at BYU surprised us one sacrament meeting by asking the whole ward to go without shopping at the store for one whole month, to see if anyone could do it. Wayne and I made it through a couple of weeks I think. I know his roommate Dave quit after just a few days, because he was forced to eat popcorn for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment